Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Losing Weight poem

A Spiritual Diet and Exercise Poem

This is a poem my Grandmother came across many, many years ago in the Christian Science Sentinel. The author is unknown. I share it with you today because I think it’s absolutely fantastic and it’s what I studied and lived by when I lost 40 lbs.

Losing Weight

This year I’m going on a diet!
In prayer and humility.
I’m going to reject those enticing
spoonfuls of
impatience,
indifference,
intolerance, criticism;
Refuse to take part in bouts of
depression,
ingratitude,
selfishness.
Instead
my diet includes
unlimited amounts of
quiet patience,
true compassion,
bubbling joy,
deep understanding,
unending forgiveness,
unconditional love.
These can be taken at any time of the day
in quantities that are as large as possible!
I’m going to exercise, too –
my God-given authority –
to see, feel, and act rightly.
not just a ten-minute exercise,
but continuously, hourly, every minute –
a moment-by-moment mental
s t r e t c h i n g –
each day more than I did the
day before.
In this way
the true outline,
the embodiment
of elegant balance,
perfect proportion,
the Soul-filled harmony
of God’s being
will be seen as
me.
Visit my website at www.GodDoesHeal.com to find out how you can be healed of anything. or call 1-866-507-1514. or e-mail prayforme@goddoesheal.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Grandmother reading this to us when we were little! - jenn