Saturday, January 21, 2006

Did you know that prayer doesn’t have to be words. It can be a smile or any kind gesture. Any act of love is a prayer. Prayer is said to be “an attitude of gratitude.” (source unknown). So what are you grateful for? Are we going through life complaining about all the negatives around us? Like “He did this to me” or “She didn’t do that” or “we don’t have enough money.” Personally, I find those thoughts lead to anxiety and depression. Then I question myself… Is God – divine Love – giving me these thoughts? No! Then these are not truthful thoughts. Anything that doesn’t come from God isn’t good. I try to replace those negative thoughts with pure, loving thoughts of gratitude such as “Thank you God, that you made all your children in your image and likeness.” “Thank you God for enabling me to see your children the way you do, instead of the limited mortal view.” “Thank you for providing each and every one of your children with the ability to see and hear spiritually.”
After this line of thinking my thought isn’t on the negative way mortals see things, but is turned to discerning things spiritually. God gave each of us the ability to do this! Aren’t we so grateful!

No comments: