Monday, January 23, 2006

New Ringtone for my phone brings me closer to God…

Today the thought came to me that I should get a new ringtone for my cell phone. In contemplating what to get, my favorite hymn popped into my head. It’s hymn 412 from the Christian Science Hymnal, to the tune of Danny Boy. I was so excited about getting this hymn as my ringtone because every time someone calls for healing, the ring puts these words into my thinking “O dreamer, leave thy dreams for joyful waking, O captive, rise and sing, for thou are free” etc. That lets me know we can awake to see the truth about our being. We can awake from this dream and realize we are already free of all seeming mortal conditions. As God’s children, God’s image and likeness, we are naturally free. We are at one with God every moment of every day. Instead of hearing the startling ring tone, I’ll be immediately putting my thought back on God before answering the phone. Below I’m posting a copy of the hymn.

O dreamer, leave thy dreams for joyful waking,
O captive, rise and sing, for thou art free;
The Christ is here, all dreams of error breaking,
Unloosing bonds of all captivity.

He comes to bless thee on his wings of healing;
To banish pain, and wipe all tears away;
He comes anew, to humble hearts revealing
The mounting footsteps of the upward way.

He comes to give thee joy for desolation,
Beauty for ashes of the vanished years;
For every tear to bring full compensation,
To give thee confidence for all thy fears.

He comes to call the dumb to joyful singing;
The deaf to hear; the blinded eyes to see;
The glorious tidings of salvation bringing.
O captive, rise, thy Saviour comes to thee.

No comments: